Following the news of season-ending injury suffered by Manuel Neuer, Bayern Munich are considering the possibility of bringing Alexander Nubel back to Allianz Arena, according to Sky Germany journalist Florian PlettenBerg.
Neuer went through a disappointing World Cup campaign in Qatar where Germany were eliminated after the group stage, and then things went from bad to worse for the 36-year-old goalkeeper who broke his leg while on holiday after leaving the tournament with his national team. He will not be standing between the posts this season again.
Nubel, who in 2020 followed the path previously taken by Neuer himself and joined Bayern from Schalke 04, wasn’t able to displace the Germany No.1 from the starting XI and has joined AS Monaco on loan for this season. In an interview given back in September, the 26-year-old said he saw no sense in going back to Munich as long as there was Neuer to compete against.
The latest development could obviously spark a change in his views, and this could be just the opportunity he’s been waiting for for the last two years.
Speaking to Sky Germany, Nubel’s agent said that before he or his client could say anything on a possible return to Munich in January, Bayern would need to sort it out with Monaco.
X News #Nübel: Bayern is seriously considering a return of Nübel now! Early stage. Bayern has to find a solution with Monaco. Agent Backs says at Sky: „Before Alexander or I say anything about it, Bayern have to deal with Monaco first.“ @Sky_Uli @Sky_Torben @SkySportDE 🇩🇪 pic.twitter.com/U1A2vh588H
— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) December 10, 2022
#Bayern #Nubel #return #Neuer #injury