Chelsea are reportedly weighing up a bevy of forward options in the January transfer window, including Milan’s Rafael Leao and Juventus’ Dusan Vlahovic.
The Stamford Bridge side are said to have already come to terms on a deal worth at least €10million for 19-year-old striker David Datro Fofana from Norwegian side Molde, per Fabrizio Romano, but their hunt for reinforcements will not stop there.
With young Chelsea striker Armando Broja set for an extended stint on the sidelines due to injury, they are looking to bring in at least one more new face – or perhaps an old face.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA LOOK TO SERIE A FOR NEW MARQUEE FORWARD
According to Calciomercato and ESPN, Chelsea are engaged in discussions about Serie A forward Leao, Vlahovic, and Roma’s Tammy Abraham – who left Chelsea in August 2021.
Recent reports claimed Milan had rejected a €70m offer from Chelsea for Leao, and are trying to hold out for his full €150m release clause, but ESPN’s update states it will take “at least €80m” – a figure that is not scaring the Premier League side away.
Vlahovic is also believed to be available due to Juventus’ behind-the-scenes turmoil, while Abraham has a €75m buy-back option, but that price is said to be above what Chelsea are willing to pay for him.
Meanwhile, the Evening Standard are reporting Atletico Madrid have offered Chelsea two more options up top, giving them the opportunity to buy Joao Felix or Matheus Cunha.
– Mundo Deportivo is reporting Liverpool will have to pay £87m for 21-year-old Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez, who they are believed to have made a pre-agreement with.
– According to 90min, Manchester City have circled Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham and Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka as two key targets going forward.
– Manchester United, Newcastle United and Real Madrid are the teams competing for the signature of breakout PSV talent Cody Gakpo, per the Mirror.
– Sport are reporting Barcelona are the favourites to sign Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, as he would prefer to head to Spain instead of the Premier League.
– According to SoccerNews, the agent of Fiorentina midfielder and Morocco standout Sofyan Amrabat is pushing for his move to Liverpool.
#Rumour #Chelsea #prepare #moves #striker #reinforcements #Broja #injury