Tottenham are reportedly investigating a potential move for young Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Piero Hincapie, despite the hefty asking price for the Ecuador international.
Hincapie, 21, is in his second Bundesliga season after arriving from Argentinian side Talleres, and has forced his way into Leverkusen’s starting XI, earning 13 starts among his 15 total league appearances this campaign.
He also has 24 senior international caps for Ecuador under his belt, playing every minute of his country’s three group stage fixtures at the Qatar World Cup.
Hincapie’s emergence has not gone unnoticed, and Leverkusen are said to be informing interested clubs that any sale of their talented youngster will come at a heavy price.
TOP STORY – SPURS KICK THE TYRES ON PRIZED LEVERKUSEN DEFENDER
According to the Sun, Spurs boss Antonio Conte is desperate to add a new central defender before the end of the month, but the club were knocked back by a massive £80million price tag.
The report indicates Hincapie would be in favour of a move to the Premier League, and to Tottenham specifically, but that it would be far more likely to occur at the end of the season.
Interestingly, the Sun believes Leverkusen would be open to accepting as little as £20m if it meant Hincapie could spend the rest of the season on loan with the German side, but with his contract tying him to Leverkusen until 2026, it is hard to believe they would budge so significantly from their lofty valuation.
It also mentions Tottenham’s pursuit of Sporting right-back Pedro Porro is on the verge of falling through, but Portuguese publication Record is reporting that a verbal agreement is in place for a £42m (€48m) deal.
– GiveMeSport are reporting Chelsea will make a run at 23-year-old Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic at the end of the season, while Calciomercato adds Juventus are anticipating the Serbian’s departure and will seek to replace him with 25-year-old Atalanta forward Ademola Lookman.
– According to Sport, Barcelona are focusing on 25-year-old Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves as their long-term replacement for Sergio Busquets after failing to land Real Sociedad talent Martin Zubimendi.
– Manchester United believe they are priced out of the Harry Kane sweepstakes, per the Daily Star.
– Mail on Sunday are reporting Arsenal have returned with a second offer for 21-year-old Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Moises Caicedo, but their £70m bid is still below the £80m demand.
– The Telegraph adds that the outcome of Arsenal‘s push for Caicedo will not affect their desire to sign West Ham midfielder Declan Rice after the season, and they will try to secure both.
#Rumour #Tottenham #explore #move #Bayer #Leverkusen #centreback #Piero #Hincapie